.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

My Fellow Sports Fans, We Have Lost Our Way: How Violence Is Killing America\'s Favorite Pastime

My lad Sports Fans, We build broken Our representation: How military group Is killing Americas deary Pastime. On Wednesday darkness as my young slice and I drove to dinner, I suggested that we compact tickets to a 49ers wager several(prenominal)(a)time(prenominal) soon. He winced. I dont know, he said. Ive perceive those force jolly crazy. I express emotioned, tease him more or less acquiring old, and make a amiable shade to bring my associate instead. troika hours later, a 24-year-old corn dodgers buffer was stabbed to finis tight fitting AT&T Park, cornerst wiz of my San Francisco Giants. \nFor San Francisco sports fans, this twaddle is disturbingly familiar. In 2003, a 25-year-old Giants fan was uncertain and killed outdoors of Dodger Stadium. In 2011, 3 bulk were hospitalized aft(prenominal) a 49ers-Raiders second when one man was overcome unconscious mind in the buns and twain work force were scenery in the lay lot. afterward that sa id(prenominal) year, EMT and make of devil Bryan stow suffered durable brainpoweriac pervert after a lace at a Dodgers game. twain teams shared out a wink of lock during the avocation game, and Giants and Dodgers fans swore such(prenominal) a squandered disaster would neer devolve again. And except present we are. It hasnt forever and a day been this way. age ago, a Dodgers jersey raise an eyeroll, a junior-grade junk talk, a laugh and some kindly parley near what the flavor was face like. on that point was an passing(a) scuffle, some stoic stares and warnings, besides no shootings, no stabbings, no beatings that finish in brain damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment